outlook contacts not showing up in search:
- maybe you are using the “wrong” view?
- Check the selected default address book?
- Open the Address Book using the Address Book button on the ribbon
- Click Tools, Options
- Which contacts folder is selected in When opening the address book, show this address list first?
Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book-
- Right-click on the contact, choose Properties from the pop-up menu and switch to the Outlook Address Book tab.
- Check the box for Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book.
- You can enter a new Name of the address book to make it easier to distinguish from other Contacts folders. The name change affects only the address book display, not the actual name of the folder.
- Click OK.
- Automatic name-checking:
Set Outlook to look at the matching contacts when you tab out of the To, CC, or BCC field.
this is a Resolve contact. this option is finding names when you type in To, CC, or BCC field, and give you a result with a matching name.
If this is disabled, Outlook won’t look for a matching address until you click the Send button or press Alt+K.
In Microsoft Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013, to enable auto-resolve.
Click File, Options, Mail, Send messages section and select Automatic Name Checking.
In Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2003, look for the Automatic Name Checking option in Tools, Options, Email Options, Advanced Email Options.