interview questions for desktop support engineer
interview questions for desktop support engineer, desktop support interview questions and answers 2020, desktop support engineer tutorial pdf, tell me about yourself answer for experienced desktop support engineer, desktop support multiple-choice questions and answers, mac desktop support interview questions and answers pdf, hcl interview questions for desktop support, windows troubleshooting interview questions answers, desktop support interview questions Reddit
interview questions for desktop support engineer:
- DNS (Domain Name System)? DNS refers to Domain Naming Service, and it is using for resolving IP addresses to name and names to IP address. It is like a translator for computers; computers appreciate the figure and not the alphabet. For example, if we sort like www.sthaavar.org, the network doesn’t know this, so they use DNS which converts (www.sthaavar.org) into (numbers) and then executes the authority.
- What is DHCP and what it is used for?DHCP stands for dynamic host configuration protocol. It is used to allocate IP addresses to a large number of computer systems in a network. It helps in managing a large number of IPs very easily.
- what is an operating system?
The working system works as a predictor between an application and the computer hardware and is utilized as a user-interface. Simple Operating Systems include Windows 95, Windows ME, and Windows 98, etc. while the Network Operating Systems incorporate Windows 2000, Windows MT, Windows 2003, etc.
- What do you understand by Parallel Port?
The parallel port transmits data in parallel form. It is relocating data 8 bits at a time. It is faster than a Serial port. It’s 25 pins female Connector.
- Tell me something about the active directory operational master role?The operational master role is accessible on a domain controller in the Network. There are five types:
- RID Master
- PDC Emulator
- Schema Master
- Domain Naming Master
- Infrastructure Master
- what is the site?
A site is a physical region where all of the domains are obtainable. The site manages the duplication traffic between two or more diverse sites in the network.
- What is IAS Server?
IAS server is also identified as RADIUS Server. IAS Server provides the central organization of numerous RAS & VPN Server in the Network. On this Server Remote Access Policy and Remote Access logging options are obtainable.
- State the purpose of ‘Boot.ini’?
Boot.ini is utilized to make a decision on which working system options are displayed during the start-up procedure.
- Name the five Microsoft office applications?
The five Microsoft office applications:
- MS Access
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Outlook
- few words about Hard disk partitions?Hard disk partitions split the hard disk drive into lesser segments to allow better room management. Each divider on the disk can then be measured as a part disk allowing unlike file systems to be used on each.
- What is the purpose of device drivers?
Device Drivers are the software necessary to run hardware components.
- Define Domain?
A domain is a place of computers that the network recognizes by the internet. It can be used by centrally manage computers. It is created when you fit an active directory.
- what is an Operating System?
The operating system acts as a predictor between computer applications and hardware. It works as a user interface.
- VPN Server mean?
It is a confidential communications network frequently used by companies or organizations to converse in private over a public network. Mobile users in the system handle it.
- Basically, Ping Command using?
Between two or more devices, to ensure the physical IP connectivity Ping command is used.
- What do you mean by the child domain?
A child domain is the associate domain of Windows 2000 Active Directory.Tell me some benefits of a child domain?
Some of the benefits of a child domain are:
- Security boundary
- Low network traffic
- Low administrative overhead
- what is the OU?
OU refers to an Organizational Unit. It is a pot within Active Directory that can hold users, groups, and computers. It is the minimum unit on which a commissioner can allocate group policy settings.
- what is the Gateway?
The default gateway refers to the IP tackle of the router in the network. In case, if the user wants to control on to a different network, or if they cannot place their exacting network then their question will be forwarded to the default gateway.
- Know about the BUS speed?
The speed of communication velocity between microprocessor and RAM is known as BUS speed.
- What is the Fix boot?
Fix boot writes an innovative partition boot sector onto the coordination partition.
- what is the Packet?
A packet is a rational grouping of information that comprises a subtitle that contains user data and location information.
- mean by the term SID?
SID refers to Security Identifier. Every computer object has a single ID which is known as SID.
Bootloader facilitates the loading of the working system on the system. It enables the booting procedure and gives the OS alternative to the users while starting the system.
- difference between server OS and desktop OS?
Server OS gives centralized administration for users, common resources, and security while desktop OS offers a contact to the only local administration.
- What is forward and reverse lookup in DNS?When we convert an IP address into names is called Reverse lookup, while converting names into IP address is called Forward lookup.
- What is ‘A’ record and what is ‘MX record’?‘A’ record is also known as host record, and it can map the IP address by name. It is with this record that DNS can find out the IP address of a name. While, ‘MX record’ also known as mail exchanger record, with the help of ‘MX’ record, the location of the mail server is identified. The record is also found in DNS.
- What is the IPCONFIG command?IPCONFIG command is used to display the IP information of the computer assigned like DNS IP address and gateway IP address.
- What would you use to connect two computers without using switches?Cross cables are used to connect two computers without using switches.
- What is a domain?A domain is a set of computers that the network recognizes by the internet. It can be used by centrally administer computers. It is created when you install the active directory.
- Tell me if your system is infected by a virus how you will recover the data?You need to install another Hard Disk with the latest anti-virus software, and an O.S with the latest patches. Before you start your system, connect the infected HDD as a secondary drive then scan and clean the infected hard drive. Once done, you can copy the files into the system.
- What is the operating system?The operating system acts as an interpreter between computer applications and hardware. It works as a user interface.
- What are the types of operating system (O.S)?The two types of operating systems are:
- NOS: Network Operating System. Examples of NOS- Windows NT, 2000,2003SOS: Simple
- Operating System. Examples of SOS – Windows 95,98, ME
- Few Words for RAS server?RAS means Remote Access Server. It allows operating the tool or information that typically resides on a network or IT devices through a combination of hardware and software, for example connecting to a printer or file. It is usually used for mobile users who are in the network. It uses a telephone line to provide connectivity to its users. It can also connect two or more two offices in the network.
- Explain about VPN server?VPN means Virtual Private Network. It is a private communications network often used by companies or organizations to communicate confidentially over a public network. This is used by the mobile users in the network.
- What is the difference between RAS and VPN server?RAS is truly a local area connection between two connections whereas, VPN is a local connection spread over a large area.
- What is IAS server?
IAS means Internet Authentication Service. For many types of network access like wireless, authenticating switch, and remote access dial-up, they perform accounting and auditing, centralized connection authentication, and authorization.
- What is a Ping command?Between two or more devices, to check the physical IP connectivity Ping command is used.
- What do you mean by clustering? What are the benefits?
When one or more computers work together as a single system by sharing their resources is known as clustering. The benefits of clustering are that it reduces the load on one single system by sharing the load also it is used for redundancy of the services.
- What is a group?A Group is a collection of user accounts. It provides a simplified administration in the network.
- What is the child domain?A child domain is the member domain of Windows 2000 Active Directory.
- What are the benefits of a child domain?Benefits of the child domain are:
- Low network traffic
- Low administrative overhead
- Security boundary
- What is OU?OU means for Organizational Unit. It is a container within Active Directory that can hold users, groups, and computers. It is the smallest unit on which an administrator can assign group policy settings.
- What is group policy?Group policy provides streamlined access to all the users in the network. It can be used to define a user’s security and networking policies. By group policy, you can keep control over certain functions like not allowing the users to shut down the system or using the control panel, or running the command. Group policy is applicable to active directory containers like OU, site, and Domain.
- What is the difference between permission, rights, and policy?“Policy” is assigned on active directories, like the site, domain, and OU. The “Rights” are assigned to users and groups, whereas, the “Permission” is assigned for network resources like files, folders, and printers.
- What do DC and ADC stand for?DC stands for the Domain Controller, and ADC stands for Additional Domain Controller.
ADC is a backup of the domain controller. The domain controller is a server that checks the security measures like user id, password.
- How many classes are there for “IP addresses” and what are the ranges?They are segregated into five classes
- Class A === 0 -126 ( 127 is reserved for loop back)
- Class B ==== 128- 191
- Class C ==== 192-223
- Class D ==== 224-239
- Class E ==== 240-255
40) Explain the term FIXMBR?
FIXMBR is a repair tool. It repairs the Master boot record of the Partition Boot Sector.